Terms and Conditions
You agree to accept this Terms and Conditions as a legally binding between you as BUYER /CUSTOMER /CONTRACTOR or SERVICE PROVIDER/FREELANCER /or USER and TASKGOFER. You further attest to transact honestly and in accordance with the existing laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
Taskgofer is an online community platform that connects service providers (Freelancer) to individuals/businesses/households.
All defined terms in this Agreement have the meaning given to them in the Taskgofer Glossary.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
- 1.1 Taskgofer provides the Taskgofer Platform to enable anyone to post a task.
- 1.2 Registered Freelancers will bid and may make a proposal in response to a Posted Task. Some parts of proposal details may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not Users.
- 1.3 A contractor may revoke or modify a Posted Task at any time before he/she accepts a proposal. Contractor reserves the right to cancel all proposal on a Posted Task made prior to the modification or amendment.
- 1.4 If a Contractor accepts the proposal on the Taskgofer Platform, a Task Contract is created between the freelancer and the contractor.
- 1.5 Upon creation of a Task Contract, the Contractor must pay the Agreed Price into the Escrow Account.
- 1.6 Once the Task Contract is created, the Freelancer and Contractor may vary the Task Contract on the Taskgofer Platform. The Contractor and Freelancer are encouraged to use Taskgofer private messaging system to amend or vary the Task Contract (including the Agreed Price) or to otherwise communicate.
- 1.7 Communication in relation of contract alteration outside Taskgofer private messaging system cannot be use as evidence in case of dispute.
- 1.8 The Freelancer must perform the task required under the Task Contract, including in accordance with any additional terms or conditions agreed by the parties.
- 1.9 Once the task is complete, the freelancer must provide notice on the Taskgofer Platform.
- 1.10 Once the task is complete, the Contractor must provide notice of that on the Taskgofer Platform.
- 1.11 Once the Posted Task has been completed and the Contractor confirms the task is completed, the Freelancer Funds will be released from the Escrow Account.
- 1.12 After the Task Contract is completed, both parties are encouraged to review each other and provide feedback of the task on the Taskgofer Platform.
- TASKGOFER’s ROLE AND OBLIGATIONS
- 2.1 Taskgofer provides the Taskgofer Platform only, enabling Users to publish Posted Tasks and make Offers on Posted Tasks.
- 2.2 Taskgofer only permits individuals over 18 years of age to become Users.
- 2.3 Users must be natural persons, but can specify within their account description that they represent a business entity.
- 2.4 At its absolute discretion, Taskgofer may refuse to allow any person to register or create an account with Taskgofer or cancel or suspend any existing account.
- 2.5 Registering and creating an account with Taskgofer is free. There is no charge for a Contractor to post tasks, or for other Taskgofer Users to review content on the Taskgofer Platform, including Posted Tasks.
- 2.6 Taskgofer accepts no liability for any aspect of the Contractor and Freelancer interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of Services.
- 2.7 Taskgofer has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by Users, including, but not limited to, the ability of Freelancers to perform tasks or supply items, or the honesty or accuracy of any information provided by Contractors or the Contractors’ ability to pay for the Services requested.
- 2.8 Except for liability in relation to any Non-excludable Condition, the Taskgofer Service is provided on an “as is” basis, and without any warranty or condition, express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, we and our suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- 2.9 Taskgofer has no obligation to any User to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users, although may do so to improve User experience.
- USER OBLIGATIONS
- 3.1 You will at all times:
- (a) comply with this Agreement (including all Policies) and all applicable laws and regulations;
- (b) only post accurate information on the Taskgofer Platform;
- (c) promptly and efficiently perform obligations to other User under a Task Contract; and
- (d) ensure that You are aware of any laws that apply to You as a Contractor or Freelancer, or in relation to using the Taskgofer Platform.
- 3.2 You agree that any content (whether provided by Taskgofer, a User or a third party) on the Taskgofer Platform may not be used on third party sites or for other business purposes without Taskgofer’s prior permission.
- 3.3 You must not use the Taskgofer Platform for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- 3.4 You must maintain control of Your Taskgofer account and must not deal your account in any way, including by allowing others to use Your account, or by transferring or selling Your account or any of its content to another person.
- 3.5 You grant Taskgofer an unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify and adapt any content and information posted on the Taskgofer Platform for the purpose of publishing material on the Taskgofer Platform and as otherwise may be required to provide the Taskgofer Service, for the general promotion of the Taskgofer Service, and as permitted by this Agreement.
- 3.6 You agree that any information posted on the Taskgofer Platform must not, in any way whatsoever, be potentially or actually harmful to Taskgofer or any other person. Harm includes, but is not limited to, economic loss that will or may be suffered by Taskgofer.
- 3.7 Without limiting any provision of this Agreement, any information You supply to Taskgofer or publish in a Posted Task (including as part of an Offer) must be up to date and kept up to date and must not:
- *(a) be false, inaccurate or misleading or deceptive;
- *(b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- *(c) infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality or privacy;
- *(d) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export and import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, antidiscrimination and trade practices/fair trading laws);
- *(e) be defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing;
- *(f) be obscene or contain any material that, in Taskgofer‘s sole and absolute discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unlawful, including, but not limited to obscene, inappropriate or unlawful images; or
- *(g) contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts the intended function of any Taskgofer Platform, including, but not limited to viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
- 3.8 Taskgofer Platform may from time to time engage location-based or map-based functionality. The Taskgofer Platform may display the location of Contractors and Freelancers to persons browsing the Taskgofer Platform. Each Contractor will be asked to provide the street and suburb where the Services are to be delivered. A Contractor should never disclose personal details such as the Contractor’s full name, street number, phone number or email address in a Posted Task or in any other public communication on the Taskgofer Platform.
- 3.9 Freelancers must provide Services to Contractors in accordance with the Task Contract, unless the Services are prohibited by law, this Agreement, an agreement between the User and a third party or by any of our Policies.
- 3.10 You must not, when supplying Services, charge a Contractor any fees on top of the agreed price. However, the parties to a Task Contract may agree to amend the Agreed Price through the Taskgofer Platform.
- 3.11 It is recommended not to request payments outside of the Taskgofer Platform from the Contractor. Dispute in relation to Payments outside Taskgofer Platform will not be entertained.
- 3.12 If a Freelancer agrees to pay some costs of completing the Services (such as equipment to complete the Services), the Freelancer is solely responsible for obtaining any reimbursement from the Contractor. Taskgofer advises Freelancers not to agree to incur costs in advance of receiving the payment for these costs, unless the Freelancer is confident the Contractor will reimburse the costs promptly.
- 3.13 If Taskgofer determines at its sole discretion that You have breached any obligation under this clause 3, it reserves the rights to remove any content, Posted Task or proposal You have submitted to the Taskgofer Service or cancel or suspend Your account and/or any Task Contracts.
- 4.1 Upon the creation of a Task Contract, the Freelancer owes Taskgofer the Service Fee. The Service Fee will automatically be deducted from the Agreed Price held in the Escrow Account.
- 4.2 If the Posted Task requires a Freelancer to incur costs in completing the Services, the cost incurred will not be included in any calculation of Fees.
- 4.3 Fees do not include any fees that may be due to Third Party Service providers. All Third Party Service providers are paid pursuant to a User’s separate agreement with that Third Party Service provider.
- 4.4 All Fees and charges payable to Taskgofer are non-cancellable and non-refundable, subject to Your rights under any Non-Excludable Conditions.
- 4.5 If Taskgofer introduces a new service on the Taskgofer Platform, the Fees applying to that service will be payable as from the launch of the service.
- 4.6 Taskgofer may set-off any Fees against any Freelancer Funds or other amounts held by Taskgofer on behalf of a User.
- 4.7 Taskgofer may restrict a User’s account until all Fees have been paid.
- PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- 5.1 If:
- (a) the Contractor and the Freelancer mutually agree to cancel the Task Contract; or
- (b) following reasonable attempts by a Contractor to contact a Freelancer to perform the Task Contract, the Task Contract is cancelled;
- (c) Taskgofer is satisfied that the Agreed Price should be returned to the Contractor, then, subject to clause 5.3, Taskgofer will pay the Freelancer Funds held in the Escrow Account to the Contractor. Taskgofer may also pay to the account of the Contractor, on behalf of the Freelancer, an additional amount up to the value of the Service Fee collected in connection with the Task Contract.
- 5.2 Any amount paid by Taskgofer on behalf of a Freelancer under clause 5.1 will be a debt owed by the Freelancer to Taskgofer.
- 5.3 If a Task Contract is cancelled:
- (a) Taskgofer will retain the Service Fee in accordance with clause 4.1; and
- (b) the cancellation will be attributed to the Freelancer unless the Freelancer can provide evidence to Taskgofer satisfaction (in its sole opinion) that the Contractor caused the cancellation of the Task Contract. If cancelled by the Contractor (as determined by this clause), the Contractor must pay the Cancellation Admin Fee. The Cancellation Admin Fee will be equal to the Service Fee that has been charged to the Freelancer under the relevant Task Contract (which will not exceed 15% of the Agreed Price). Taskgofer may agree to refund the Service Fee to the Freelancer.
- 5.4 If the parties agree to any additional cancellation fee payable under the Task Contract, it is the responsibility of the party aggrieved to claim any amount owed directly from the other.
- 5.5 Following resolution of a cancelled Task Contact in accordance with clause 5.1, Taskgofer may take up to 15 days to return the Agreed Price (less the Cancellation Admin Fee, if applicable) to the Contractor.
- 5.6 If, for any reason, the task has not been marked as complete either from Freelancer or Contractor, we will wait for 14 days in case of any dispute.
- 5.7 If, no claim is made in between these 14 days, Taskgofer will consider that task as completed and transfer the payment to the Freelancers fund.
- 5.8 No dispute will be accepted after 14 days starting from the day you have assigned your task to the Freelancer
- PAYMENT FACILITY
- 7.1 Taskgofer will be using paypal as payment gateways to ensure convenience and security.
- 7.2 Taskgofer is currently offering paypal and paypal express for you convenience. In case you don’t have a paypal account, we will do our best to send to you your payment by bank or wire transfer.
- 7.3 No additional charges will be applicable for online transaction. Taskgofer will bear those additional charges.
- 7.4 We highly recommend our users to use online payment methods instead of offline method. This will ensure Freelancers, that their payment is already secured and since payment is held with Taskgofer, this can insure better work quality from the Freelancers as well. So it will be beneficial for both parties.
- PAYMENT DISBURSEMENT FACILITY
- 8.1 All the payments held in Escrow account will be transferred to the Freelancers as per their share
- 8.2 We will disburse your payments once you reach Php 1000.00 and after 15 days
- 8.3 Every 15 days (except weekends), you will request the amount you wish to withdraw and we will process your payments within 24 hours. All the tasks that are marked as complete and paid via online payment methods, we will transfer their payments to the Freelancers account. This processing will take few hours, before you get payment in your account.
- 8.4 Taskgofer will transfer these payments after deducting Taskgofer Service Charges (20%)
- 8.5 You can request for withdrawal using your Paypal email but in case you don have, we will provide it through wire or bank transfer. You can choose whichever method suits you the best.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- 9.1 Taskgofer from time to time include Third Party Services on the Taskgofer Platform. These Third Party Services are not provided by Taskgofer.
- 9.2 Third Party Services are offered to Users pursuant to the third party’s terms and conditions. Third Party Services may be promoted on the Taskgofer Platform as a convenience to our Users who may find the Third Party Services of interest or of use.
- 9.3 If a User engages with any Third Party Service provider, the agreement will be directly between the User and that Third Party Service provider.
- 9.4 Taskgofer makes no representation or warranty as to the Third Party Services. However, to help us continue to improve our Taskgofer Platform, Users may inform Taskgofer of their Third Party Service experience here.
- VERIFICATION & BADGES
- 10.1 Taskgofer may use Identity Verification Services.
- 10.2 You agree that Taskgofer Identity Verification Services may not be fully accurate as all Taskgofer Services are dependent on User-supplied information and/or information or verification services provided by third parties.
- 10.3 You are solely responsible for identity verification and Taskgofer accepts no responsibility for any use that is made of an Taskgofer Identity Verification Service.
- 10.4 Taskgofer Identity Verification Services may be modified at any time.
- 10.5 The Taskgofer Platform may also include a User-initiated feedback system to help evaluate Users.
- 10.6 Taskgofer may make Badges available to Freelancers. The available Badge can be requested by the Freelancer via the Taskgofer Platform, and arranged on behalf of the Freelancer and issued by Taskgofer, for a fee. Obtaining Badges may be subject to the provision of certain information or documentation by the Freelancer and determined by Taskgofer or a third party verifier subject to its terms.
- 10.7 You acknowledge that Badges are point in time checks and may not be accurate at the time it is displayed. You acknowledge that to the extent You relied on a Badge in entering into a Task Contract, you do so aware of this limitation. You should seek to verify any Badge with the Freelancer prior to commencing the task.
- 10.8 It remains the Freelancer’s responsibility to ensure that information or documentation it provides in obtaining a Badge is true and accurate and must inform Taskgofer immediately if a Badge is no longer valid.
- 10.9 Taskgofer may, at its discretion, issue Badges to Freelancers for a fee.
- 10.10 The issue of a Badge to a Freelancer remains in the control of Taskgofer and the display and use of a Badge is licensed to the Freelancer for use on the Taskgofer Platform only. Any verification obtained as a result of the issue of a Badge may not be used for any other purpose outside of the Taskgofer Platform.
- 10.11 Taskgofer retains the discretion and right to not issue, or remove without notice, a Badge if You are in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement, the Badge has been issued incorrectly, obtained falsely, has expired, is no longer valid or for any other reason requiring its removal by Taskgofer.
- 11.1 Taskgofer, doesn’t provide any insurance services either to Contractor nor Freelancer
- 11.3 We are a platform that connects service providers to house/businesses/individuals
- 11.4 While getting Freelancers on board we verify them by government issued ID card and number.
- 12.1 You can complain about any comment made on the Taskgofer Platform using the ‘Contact us’ function of the Taskgofer Platform or contact Taskgofer via the Taskgofer Platform.
- 12.2 Taskgofer is entitled to suspend or terminate Your account at any time if Taskgofer, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any feedback about You, or considers Your feedback rating to be problematic for other Taskgofer Users.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 13.1 Except for liability in relation to breach of Non-excludable Condition, to the extent permitted by law, Taskgofer specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage (actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (including, without limitation, loss or damage relating to any inaccuracy of information provided, or the lack of fitness for purpose of any goods or service supplied), arising out of or in any way connected with any transaction between Contractors and Freelancers.
- 13.2 Except for liability in relation to a breach of any Non-excludable Condition, to the extent permitted by law, Taskgofer specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage (actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (including, without limitation, loss or damage relating to any inaccuracy of information provided, or the lack of fitness for purpose of any goods or service supplied), arising out of or in any way connected with any transaction between You and any Third Party Service provider who may be included from time to time on the Taskgofer Platform.
- 13.3 Except for liability in relation to a breach of any Non-excludable Condition, and to the extent permitted by law, Taskgofer is not liable for any Consequential Loss arising out of or in any way connected with the Taskgofer Services.
- 13.4 Except for liability in relation to a breach of any Non-excludable Condition, Taskgofer‘s liability to any User of the Taskgofer Service is limited to the total amount of payment made by that User to Taskgofer during the twelve month period prior to any incident causing liability of Taskgofer, or PHP 1000., whichever is greater.
- 13.5 Taskgofer’s liability to You for a breach of any Non-excludable Condition (other than a Non-excludable Condition that by law cannot be limited) is limited, at our option to any one of resupplying, replacing or repairing, or paying the cost of resupplying, replacing or repairing goods in respect of which the breach occurred, or supplying again or paying the cost of supplying again, services in respect of which the breach occurred.
- 14.3 Taskgofer will endeavor to permit you to transact anonymously on the Taskgofer Platform. However in order to ensure Taskgofer can reduce the incidence of fraud and other behavior in breach of the Community Guidelines, Taskgofer reserves the right to ask Users to verify themselves in order to remain a User.
- MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGREEMENT
- 15.1 Taskgofer may modify this Agreement or the Policies (and update the Taskgofer pages on which they are displayed) from time to time. Taskgofer will send notification of such modifications to Your Taskgofer account or advise You the next time You login.
- 15.2 When You actively agree to amended terms (for example, by clicking a button saying “I accept”) or use the Taskgofer Platform in any manner, including engaging in any acts in connection with a Task Contract, the amended terms will be effective immediately. In all other cases, the amended terms will automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially notified to You.
- 15.3 If You do not agree with any changes to this Agreement (or any of our Policies), You must either terminate your account or You must notify Taskgofer who will terminate Your Taskgofer account, and stop using the Taskgofer Service.
- NO AGENCY
- 16.1 No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or other similar relationship is created by this Agreement. In particular You have no authority to bind Taskgofer, its related entities or affiliates in any way whatsoever. Taskgofer confirms that all Third Party Services that may be promoted on the Taskgofer Platform are provided solely by such Third Party Service providers. To the extent permitted by law, Taskgofer specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage incurred by You in any manner due to the performance or non-performance of such Third Party Service.
- 17.1 Except as stated otherwise, any notices must be given by registered ordinary post or by email, either to Taskgofer’s contact address as displayed on the Taskgofer Platform, or to Taskgofer Users’ contact address as provided at registration. Any notice shall be deemed given:
- (a) if sent by email, 24 hours after email is sent, unless the User is notified that the email address is invalid or the email is undeliverable, and
- (b) if sent by post, three Business Days after the date of posting
- 17.2 Notices related to performance of any Third Party Service must be delivered to such third party as set out in the Third Party Service provider’s terms and conditions.
- MEDIATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- 18.1 Taskgofer encourages You to try and resolve disputes (including claims for returns or refunds) with other Users directly. Accordingly, You acknowledge and agree that Taskgofer may, in its absolute discretion, provide Your information as it decides is suitable to other parties involved in the dispute.
- 18.2 If a dispute arises with another User, You must co-operate with the other User and make a genuine attempt to resolve the dispute.
- 18.3 Taskgofer may elect to assist Users resolve disputes. Any User may refer a dispute to Taskgofer. You must co-operate with any investigation undertaken by Taskgofer. Taskgofer reserves the right to make a final determination (acting reasonably) based on the information supplied by the Users and direct the Escrow Provider to make payment accordingly. You may raise your dispute with the other User or Taskgofer’s determination in an applicable court or tribunal.
- 18.4 Taskgofer has the right to hold any Agreed Price that is the subject of a dispute in the Escrow Account, until the dispute has been resolved.
- 18.5 If You have a complaint about the Taskgofer Service please contact us here.
- 18.6 If Taskgofer provides information about other Users to You for the purposes of resolving disputes under this clause, You acknowledge and agree that such information will be used only for the purpose of resolving the dispute (and no other purpose) and that you will indemnify Taskgofer against any claims relating to any other use of information not permitted by this Agreement.
- 19.1 Either You or Taskgofer may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time for any reason.
- 19.2 Termination of this Agreement does not affect any Task Contract that has been formed between Taskgofer & Users. If You have entered a Task Contract You must comply with the terms of that Task Contract including providing the Services or paying the Agreed Price as applicable.
- 19.3 Sections 4 (Fees), 13 (Limitation of Liability) and 18 (Mediation and Dispute Resolution) and any other terms which by their nature should continue to apply, will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- 19.4 If Your account or this Agreement are terminated for any reason then You may not without Taskgofer’s consent (in its absolute discretion) create any further accounts with Taskgofer and we may terminate any other accounts You operate.
- 20.1 This Agreement is governed by the laws of Republic of the Philippines. You and Taskgofer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Philippines.
- 20.2 The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision may be removed and the remaining provisions will be enforceable.
- 20.3 This Agreement may be assigned or novated by Taskgofer to a third party without your consent. In the event of an assignment or novation the User will remain bound by this Agreement.
- 20.4 This Agreement sets out the entire understanding and agreement between the User and Taskgofer with respect to its subject matter.
March 2020 Taskgofer
MODEL TASK CONTRACT
The terms used in this Task Contract have the meaning set out in the Taskgofer Glossary. A Task Contract is created in accordance with the Taskgofer Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed, the Contractor and the Freelancer enter into a Task Contract on the following terms:
- 1 COMMENCEMENT DATE AND TERM
- 1.1 The Task Contract is created when the Contractor accepts the Freelancer’s Offer on a Posted Task to provide Services.
- 1.2 The Contract will continue until terminated in accordance with clause 7.
- 2 TASK
- 2.1 The Freelancer will perform TASL in a proper and workmanlike manner.
- 2.2 The Freelancer must perform the TASK at the time and location agreed.
- 2.3 The parties must perform their obligations in accordance with any other terms or conditions agreed by the parties during or subsequent to the creation of the Task Contract.
- 3 WARRANTIES
- 3.1 Each party warrants that the information provided in the creation of the Task Contract is true and accurate.
- 3.2 The Freelancer warrants that he/she has the right to work and provide Services and hold relevant licenses in Philippines.
- 3.3 The parties incorporate the Consumer Guarantees into the Task Contract, even if they are not already incorporated by law.
- 4 PAYMENT OR CANCELLATION
- 4.1 Upon the creation of the Task Contract, the Contractor must pay the Agreed Price into the Escrow Account.
- 4.2 Upon the Services being completed, the Freelancer will provide notice on the Taskgofer Platform.
- 4.3 The Contractor will be prompted to confirm the Services are complete. If the Freelancer has completed the Services in accordance with clause 2, the Contractor must use the Taskgofer Platform to release the Freelancer Funds from the Escrow Account.
- 4.4 If the parties agree to cancel the Task Contract, or the Contractor is unable to contact the Freelancer to perform the Task Contract, the Freelancer Funds will be dealt with in accordance with the User’s Taskgofer Agreement.
- 5 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 5.1 Except for liability in relation to a breach of a Non-excludable Condition, the parties exclude all Consequential Loss arising out of or in connection to the Services, and any claims by any third person, or the Task Contract, even if the party causing the breach knew the loss was possible or the loss was otherwise foreseeable.
- 6 DISPUTES
- 6.1 If a dispute arises between the parties, the parties will attempt to resolve the dispute within 14 days by informal negotiation (by phone, email or otherwise).
- 6.2 If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute in accordance with clause 6.1, either party may refer the dispute to Taskgofer and act in accordance with clause 18 of the Taskgofer Agreement.
- 7 TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
The Task Contract will terminate when:
- (a) the Services are completed and the Agreed Price is released from the Escrow Account;
- (b) a party is terminated or suspended from the Taskgofer Platform, at the election of the other party;
- (c) notified by Taskgofer in accordance with the party’s Taskgofer Agreement.
- 8 APPLICATION OF POLICIES
The parties incorporate by reference the applicable Policies.
- 9 GOVERNING LAW
The Task Contract is governed by the laws of Republic of the Philippines. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Philippines.
March 2020 Taskgofer
“Agreement” means the most updated version of the agreement between Taskgofer and a User.
“Freelancer” “Tasker” ”service provider” means any registered human user willingly join the site to provide service or fulfill any task in return for monetary remuneration.
“Contractor” “customer” “buyer”means any human registered user willingly join the site seeking a service for specific task.
“Task” means a service, work or small jobs that has specific attainable description.
“Agreed Price” means agreed price for Services (including any variation) paid into the Escrow Account made by the Contractor but does not include any costs incurred by the Freelancer when completing Services which the Contractor agrees to reimburse.
” Taskgofer ” “we” “site””us” “our” means Taskgofer. Refers to the website name.
” Taskgofer Badge” means a badge that may be issued to a User based on the User meeting certain qualifications or other thresholds, including Verification Icons, as determined and set by Taskgofer.
” Taskgofer Platform” means the Taskgofer website at https://taskgofer.com/, Taskgofer smartphone app, and any other affiliated platform that may be introduced from time to time.
” Taskgofer Service” means the service of providing the Taskgofer Platform.
“Badge” means a Taskgofer Badge and Verification Icon.
“Business Day” means a day on which banks are open for general business in Philippines.
“Cancellation Admin Fee” means the Fee payable by a Contractor for cancelling a Task Contract.
“Consequential Loss” means any loss, damage or expense recoverable at law:
- (a) other than a loss, damage or expense that would be suffered or incurred by any person in a similar situation to the person suffering or incurring the loss, damage or expense; or
- (b) which is a loss of:
- a. opportunity or goodwill;
- b. profits, anticipated savings or business;
- c. data; or
- d. value of any equipment,
and any costs or expenses incurred in connection with the foregoing.
“Escrow Account” means the Taskgofer account where we will be holding the money until the task is completed.
“Fees” means all fees payable to Taskgofer by Users including the Service Fee.
“Identity Verification Services” means the tools available to help Users verify the identity, qualifications or skills of other Users including mobile phone verification, verification of payment information, References, integration with social media, Taskgofer Badges and Verification Icons.
“Marketing Material” means any updates, news and special offers in relation to Taskgofer or its Third Party Services.
“Non-excludable Condition” means any implied condition, warranty or guarantee in a contract, the exclusion of which would contravene the law or cause any part of the contract to be void.
“Offer” means an offer made by a Freelancer in response to a Posted Task to perform the Services.
“Contractor” means a User that posts on the Taskgofer Platform in search of particular Services.
“Posted Task” means the Contractor’s request for services, and includes the deadline for completion, price and description of the Services to be provided.
“Service Fee” means the fee payable by the Freelancer to Taskgofer as consideration for the Taskgofer Services (and comprised as part of the Agreed Price) displayed to a Freelancer prior to entering into each Task Contract.
“Services” means the services to be rendered as described in the Posted Task, including any variations or amendments agreed before or subsequent to the creation of a Task Contract.
“Site” means the website at https://taskgofer.com
“Task Contract” means the separate contract which is formed between a Contractor and a Freelancer for Services. In the absence of, or in addition to, any terms specifically agreed, the model terms of which are included in Appendix A to the Agreement apply to Task Contracts.
“Freelancer” means a User who provides Services to Contractors.
“Freelancer Funds” means the Agreed Price less the Service Fee.
“User” or “You” means the person who has signed up to use the Taskgofer Platform, whether as the Contractor, Freelancer, or otherwise.
“Verification Icons” means the icons available to be displayed on a User’s profile and any such posts on the Taskgofer Platform to confirm details such as a User’s qualification, license, certificate or other skill.
Rules of Interpretation:
In the Taskgofer Agreement and all Policies, except where the context otherwise requires:
- (a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa, and a gender includes other genders;
- (b) another grammatical form of a defined word or expression has a corresponding meaning;
- (c) a reference to a document or instrument includes the document or instrument as novated, altered, supplemented or replaced from time to time;
- (d) a reference to time is to the time in Manila, Philippines.
- (e) a reference to a person includes a natural person, partnership, body corporate, association, governmental or local authority or agency or other entity;
- (f) a reference to a statute, ordinance, code or other law includes regulations and other instruments under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any of them;
- (g) the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by including, for example or similar expressions;
- (h) headings are for ease of reference only and do not affect interpretation;
- (i) any agreement, representation, warranty or indemnity in favor of two or more parties (including where two or more persons are included in the same defined term) is for the benefit of them jointly and severally; and
- (j) a rule of construction does not apply to the disadvantage of a party because the party was responsible for the preparation of this agreement or any part of it.